BROAD RIVER CAMPGROUND
BROAD RIVER CAMPGROUND
I agree, and shall cause my children, invitees and guests, to abide by the Broad River Campground Rules and Policies, including those published on https://broadrivercampgroundnc.com, posted at the Broad River Campground or otherwise communicated in any manner by Broad River Campground.
I further understand and agree that Broad River Campground does not give credit or refunds due to the discomforts of nature. Broad River Campgrounds’ refund policy varies depending on the timing of the cancellation and notice in advance of the reservation date, as follows:
Reservations: Cabins, Domes, RV & Tent Sites: You must be at least 18 years old to make a reservation.If a reservation is cancelled more than 14 days prior to the arrival date, a full refund is issued, less a $25 transaction fee. For a cancellation of a reservation between 4-13 days prior to the arrival date, 50% of the reservation is forfeited. For a reservation cancelled less than 72 hours prior to the arrival date, the full amount of the reservation payment is forfeited to Broad River Campground.
Reservations Made Through External Booking Sites – If you made your reservation through another booking site such as Airbnb, VRBO, Booking.com, your Campspot invoice will not show any charges. This is because no charges were assessed by Campspot and only your information was input into Campspot to reserve your site. Your reservation payment was made through the external booking site, and they would have your actual receipt.
Registrations: All campers, visitors, guests, and pets must be registered before you arrive, or at the office upon arrival, and prior to entering your campsite, unless otherwise advised by staff . Registered campers are responsible for ensuring their visitors have properly registered in the office and that all campground rules are followed. Any damage incurred to any campground facilities will be charged to the credit card on file.
Check-In Time: Cabins, Domes, RV & Tent Sites:3:00-6:00 PM. If checking in after 6:00 PM, contact the office in advance to make arrangements for check in.
Early Check-In: $20. Guests can check in between 12:00-3:00 PM. It is required to be purchased in advance of check-in day and is dependent on availability. Otherwise, guests must wait until 3:00 PM to check-in.
Check-Out Time: Cabins & Domes: 11:00 AM; RV & Tent Sites: 1:00 PM.Extended access is available for $20 to stay in the campground, out of your unit, until 6 PM, depending on availability. Campers must check out by check-out time, or an additional night stay will be charged to the credit card on file.
Please contact the office no later than 9:00 AM if you wish to stay over or if your departure is delayed due to an emergency.
Check-In Balance: All balances due will be charged to the credit card on file at 6:00 PM on the reserved date of arrival.
Cabins & Domes: Do not allow pets on furniture. No smoking in units. Sweep your unit and remove all trash upon check out. Clean all appliances, dishes, utensils and remove all food from cabinets and the refrigerator.
RV site: Leave your site in the same condition provided. Do not make any changes to the site without the prior written consent of the park. Keep your campsite litter free, including cigarette butts. You may not assign or sublet your site or move sites without permission. No vehicle repairs will be permitted at your site. Guests are required to back into their site. DO NOT PULL THRU CAMPSITES. Guests cannot park their camping unit sideways or pull forward onto campsites. Guests are not permitted to park their camping unit in an area designated for the picnic table. Guests must park their camping unit on the designated site base where the water, electric and sewer connections are located. Sewer connections must be made using a secure, leak proof adapter. No external generators allowed. The operation of a business on the site or on the property is prohibited. Clothing lines are prohibited. Guests who violate the camping unit parking instructions will be responsible for related campsite repairs. If their camping unit becomes inoperable due to parking incorrectly on soft grounds, fees for towing will be the guest’s responsibility. Campsites left with an excess of trash and debris after departure will result in a $100 fine. Campsites left with damage to utilities without a prior report will result in a minimum $100 fine.
Tent site: Leave your site in the same condition provided. Do not make any changes to the site without the prior written consent of the park. Keep your campsite litter free, including cigarette butts. Dispose of trash in the trash recepticles or dumpster by the office. Campsites left with an excess of trash and debris after departure will result in a $100 fine.
Hot Tub: Guests of Broad River Campground NC agree to use extreme caution and care in the hot tub on the premises and to pay any and all repair charges for damage caused by the guest or the guest family members, invitees. Guests agree that all above-mentioned will shower and clean feet upon use of hot tub. Furthermore, agreement is made that NO oils, bubble bath, soaps, other liquids, or any other harmful materials will be used in the hot tub. No glass products whatsoever are allowed in or around the hot tub. Our hot tub is inspected, chemicals adjusted after each guest has checked out, and refilled regularly. It is normal to see white particles in the water which is the bromide sanitizing. If any items such as soaps, bath products, food, alcohol, ANY items other than water are found in the tub, the guest will be charged a cleaning fee of $75. Damage to any cover will result in a $400 charge. Cover should remain on the hot tub at all times when not in use. Guests agrees that there will be no horseplay in the hot tub as well as not to sit on, jump on, or misuse the hot tub cover in any manner. The $100 security deposit hold will be used first to pay for any charges. Guest authorizes Broad River Campground Staff to charge the credit card on file for damages or cleaning in excess of the security deposit. (no checks accepted for damages to hot tub or hot tub cover). Guest agrees that within 30 minutes of arrival, guest will report any problems with the hot tub to the office at: 828 338 9598. Guest of Broad River Campground NC further agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Broad River Campground NC and its owners, and employees from any and all claims, damages liabilities, or losses whatsoever arising out of or in any way associated with the guest’s use of the tub, including but not limited to death, personal injury, or property damage. The agreement and release is hereby incorporated into and made a part of any other agreement between the guest and Broad River Campground NC in the event legal action is commenced to interpret or enforce the terms of this Agreement and costs, whether incurred during litigation, at trial, or on appeal.
HOT TUB GUIDELINES: ▪ You are using the hot tub at your own risk. ▪ Pregnant women, persons with heart disease, diabetes or high blood pressure problems and elderly people should not use a hot tub or spa without a doctor’s permission. ▪ We do not advise young children to use the hot tub. In the event that you allow a minor to use the hot tub, they must be supervised at all times. ▪ Hot tub temperatures cannot by law exceed 104 degrees. ▪ Never use a hot tub or spa alone. ▪ Limit time in the hot tub or spa to no more than 15 minutes. ▪ Do not use a hot tub or spa if the water temperature is more than 104 degrees fahrenheit. ▪ The high-water temperature in a hot tub or spa will accelerate drowsiness if a person has consumed alcohol or is taking drugs, increasing the risk of drowning.
ATV’s, Personal Golf Carts & Motorized Scooters: ATV’s are not permissible in the campground due to safety and liability issues. Any guests found in violation of this policy may be asked to leave without refund. Personal golf carts may be brought to the campground. Proof of liability insurance is required.
Campfire: Campfires can only be started in campground fire rings. For campground safety fires need to be extinguished when not being attended to and prior to going to sleep. Sites should be cleaned prior to your departure. Remove trash to the nearest dumpster.
Children: Minor children less than 14 years of age must never be left alone on campground property under any circumstance. Minor children under 18 years of age must not leave their campsite after 10:00 PM unless accompanied by a parent. Disregard for campground rules or conduct deemed improper by the management is cause for immediate eviction without notice or refund.
Community/Public Areas: Adults should accompany children under the age of 14 years old to the bathhouse, laundry rooms and all community areas. We take pride in the cleanliness of our facilities, and we would appreciate your help in maintaining them. There is no smoking, or pets allowed in these areas. When the “Closed for Cleaning” signs are out periodically, please respect our cleaning staff and return later.
Community Room Rental/Pool Parties: The guest reserving the community room is responsible and liable for any damage caused by any of their invited guests. The room should be left in the same clean condition that the guest was given the room. Any charges for dirtiness or damages will first be taken out of the $200 security deposit. Guest authorizes Broad River Campground Staff to charge the credit card on file for damages or cleaning in excess of the security deposit. (no checks accepted for damages).ALL other campground rules apply to guests renting the community room and their invited guests.
Drugs/Alcohol: The possession, sale or manufacturing of illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia anywhere on the property is prohibited. This is a family campground, and the use of alcohol is limited to your own site and should not be brought into any of our community areas. Under no circumstances will minors, as determined by state and local law, be served, or allowed to consume alcoholic beverages at the campground.
Electricity: Broad River Campground will not be held responsible or liable for any damage done to a guest’s RV due to power surges. We recommend the use of a portable surge guard protector. At no time is a guest, their visitors, or third parties allowed to work on utility pedestals. If you have no power at the utility pedestal, please notify the office so they can contact park maintenance.
Firewood: Campers are not allowed to bring their own firewood due to regulations from the NC Department of Agriculture. To preserve the beauty of our wooded campground, please do not cut down or damage trees in any way. Firewood can be added as an add on to your reservation or purchased from the office.
Garbage: Daily trash pickup will be at 10:30AM. Please place bagged trash near the road at the front of your site by 10:00AM for pickup. If you forget, please make sure to dispose of it in our dumpster located near the office. Only household generated garbage should be placed in the dumpster. No hazardous or flammable items are to be thrown into the dumpster including ash from grills, cigarettes, etc. Broken furniture, grills, rugs, etc are not considered household trash and should be taken with you. PLEASE DO NOT LITTER.
Grilling: Outdoor grilling is limited to grill sites. No grilling or hot stoves allowed on picnic tables.
Guest Visitors: Facilities in this campground are for the use of campground guests only. Any guest visitors are required to register at the office before entering the campground and will be charged a fee of $10 per day. There can be no more than 8 people (maximum of 4 adults) registered to one site at any given time, unless prior approval has been obtained. All the guest visitors must leave the park by 10:00 PM, unless registered as an overnight guest visitor. Please register overnight guest visitors in the office by 5:00 PM. All guest visitors must obey all campground rules.
Maximum speed at the campground is 10 MPH.
Parking: Registered guests must park at their assigned sites. We allow only one RV and one tow vehicle per RV site. Additional vehicles, trailers, etc. will be charged an additional fee of $5.00 per unit if space allows. Cabins will allow for 2 vehicles per site. Park in designated areas only. License plate numbers must be registered by all guests and visitors entering the campground. Guests are also responsible for the parking of their rented golf carts. If a golf cart is found to be parked in an unassigned RV site or other unit site, the guest will be charged the daily rental rate.
Pets: The campground is dog friendly, but owners will always be totally responsible for their dogs. The campground has a two-dog maximum rule. NO EXCEPTIONS. Dogs cannot be left unattended at any time and must be on a leash when not inside your cabin, dome, or RV. All dog litter must be cleaned up immediately and deposited in the dumpster. Any guest not in compliance will be asked to leave the park. Aggressive and barking dogs will not be tolerated. Please reference the Animal Waiver below for specific dog breed restrictions and other pet rules.
Privacy: Please respect the privacy of other campers and the owners by not walking through or between occupied sites. Please use designated roads and pathways when walking.
Quiet Hours: 10:00 PM – 8:00 AM. The quality of rest and relaxation is important to all campers, so please refrain from loud noises and disturbances during this period. All radios and TVs must be at minimum volume settings and be aware that normal speaking voices carry. Please ensure your minor children remain at your site until 8:00 AM.
Sink (Grey) Water – Sewer: Please connect your wastewater outlets to the sewer pipe and ensure that the connections are tight and do not leak. Please contact the office if you are unsure of how to perform this connection. There is no dump station at the campground. Guests are responsible for any clogging in the sewer line from their RV to the main sewer line. If the cause of the stoppage is found to be the guest’s fault, the cost of the plumbing bill to clear the line will be billed or added to the guest’s credit card. DO NOT PUT BABY WIPES, GREASE, DIAPERS, PAPER TOWELS, CONDOMS, PLASTIC ITEMS OR FEMALE SANITARY PRDUCTS DOWN THE RV SEWER LINES.
Smoking: No smoking in any building, public space, or the swimming pool area. This includes, but is not limited to, rented RV’s, Cabins, domes, bath houses, laundry rooms and any community buildings. Please do not throw cigarette butts on the ground. Dispose of butts in proper containers. Smoking is not permitted within 50 feet of any building entrance. Smoking of any substances besides tobacco and vaporizers will not be tolerated. Management reserves the right to fine violators of this policy.
Swimming Pool: OPEN. No lifeguard is on duty at the swimming pool. Pool hours are 8:00 AM to dusk. No swimming after sunset. All swimming is at your OWN RISK. No children under 12 years old are allowed in the pool without adult supervision. Pool rules must be observed at all times. There is no smoking, or pets allowed in, or around the pool area. Food and drinks are allowed around the pool area, but not in the pool. NO GLASS CONTAINERS are allowed in the pool areas. No running, diving, or horseplay around the pool. Do not throw objects in the pool. Toddlers in diapers must wear swim pants. Dispose of trash in the appropriate trash bins.
Weapons/ Sparklers/Fireworks: No weapons, sparklers or fireworks of any kind are allowed.
WI-FI: Wi-Fi is free and numerous Wi-Fi access points are located throughout the park. Wi-Fi/Internet access is not unlimited. Watching movies, television, streaming videos or music, gaming, downloading, or uploading files or pictures, etc. affects the amount of bandwidth offered to all guests at the campground.
Wildlife: Since the campground is in the country you may encounter wildlife. Skunks, snakes, possums, wild boar, bears, deer, feral cats and insects are just a few of the wildlife you might see. Never feed any wild animals and do not leave any food outside. The campground is not responsible for getting rid of insects or any other wildlife at your site.
As a participant in a recreation activity, I am responsible for acting within the limits of my ability and heeding all warnings regarding participation in the activity. I will maintain control of myself and any equipment while participating in the activity and will refrain from acting in any manner that may cause or contribute to injury to myself or to others.
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE SRI Three, LLC, d/b/a Broad River Campground, its owners and agents (collectively, Broad River Campground), from any and all liability to me, my children, my invitees/guests, personal representatives, and heirs for any loss or damage on account of injury to person (including death) or loss or damage to property relating to, or arising out of, use and occupancy of the Broad River Campground property, facilities, golf carts, amenities, pool, and hot tubs (collectively, the Premises) and any dangers and hazards associated with acts of nature such as changing weather conditions; high winds; thunder and lightning; temperature fluctuations; falling trees; tree limbs, ice; or encounters with wildlife.
I HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS hold SRI Three, LLC, d/b/a Broad River Campground, and each of them, from any loss, liability, damage, or cost (including attorney fees) they may incur due to injury (including death), damage or loss of property relating to use of the Broad River Campground by me, my children, and/or my invitees/guests or due to any incidents that may occur during my stay. I understand that, although Broad River Campground makes every reasonable effort to provide a secure environment, the security of my person, my belongings, and all persons registered in my party is my sole responsibility.
As a courtesy, our employees, if so requested, may assist with directing you to your designated campsite. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that the site will accommodate your specific trailer/RV and that you will not hit any campground utilities or infrastructure, branches, trees, etc. when positioning your RV on the campsite. You agree to indemnify and hold SRI Three, LLC, d/b/a Broad River Campground, its owners, and agents (collectively, “Broad River Campground”) harmless from any loss, liability, damage or cost (including attorney’s fees) that may result from an employee assisting or directing you onto a campsite. Furthermore, you release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Broad River Campground for any and all liability, loss, or property damage relating to an employee assisting/directing you to your site.
I understand that I am and remain personally liable to pay the total amount of my reservation prior to occupying my site or at such earlier date communicated to me. If I fail to pay the total due, I agree that Broad River Campground may charge any remaining balance (in addition to any damage charges or other amounts owed under these Terms and Conditions) to any credit or debit card on file with my reservation.
The Premises are privately owned, and THE BROAD RIVER CAMPGROUND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE to anyone for any reason except for those prohibited by law. Broad River Campground reserves the right to require any person or party it deems necessary to leave the Broad River Campground based on violations of park rules or behavior management deems inappropriate or disturbing to others. Harassment or mistreatment of our staff or other guests, including but not limited to, racist comments or hate speech, will not be tolerated under any circumstances. I have read this notice and agree to it as well as all Broad River Campground Rules and regulations. In addition, I understand that I am responsible for the actions of all persons registered in my party, including any children, and any guests that visit during my stay. On behalf of each person in my party, I grant Broad River Campground and its affiliated entities and promotional partners the right to include any photographic, video, and other visual portrayals of each person in my party in any medium and for any purpose.
Additional Terms for rental units (Cabin and dome)
I understand and agree as follows:
- At departure, the cabin and dome are to be left in a reasonably clean condition (broom swept), garbage is to be removed from the rental unit and placed in the front of your site at 10:15AM for pickup. If you forget, please make sure to dispose of it in our dumpster located near the Office. All kitchens are to be left clean, all dishes are to be washed and put away, and the microwave, refrigerator, stove and countertops are to be wiped clean; otherwise, Broad River Campground may charge my credit card with an additional $75.00 cleaning fee. I understand and agree that if I leave the rental unit in an unreasonably filthy condition, permit a pet to occupy a rental unit not designated as pet-friendly or smoke in a rental unit, Broad River Campground may charge my credit card for the cost to professionally clean the rental unit at $250 minimum charge.
- All damages to the cabin and dome, whether caused by myself, my children, guests, or pets, should be disclosed to the campground office immediately or at checkout. All damages occurring to the rental unit during my stay will be charged to my credit card after a thorough inspection has been made by Broad River Campground. Damages for which I will be responsible include, but are not limited to, lost key(s), broken/lost TV remote controls, broken items, missing items, discharged fire extinguishers (if not used for a fire), damaged/dented/bent appliances, furniture, cabinetry or dishes, writing on walls or bedding, and ripped or torn mattresses or covers. Charges will be associated with the cost to replace.
I hereby agree to the following regulations and conditions relating to my dog while camping at SRI Three, LLC, d/b/a Broad River Campground (“campground”) with my dog.
- Excluded Areas. I agree to keep my dog out of the following areas including, but not limited to buildings, clubhouse, camp store, bath house, the pool and pool deck, and pavilions.
- Excluded Dogs. I agree that the campground has the sole discretion to exclude dogs. The basis for exclusion may include but is not limited to the following: breed-specific exclusions which include Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, Akitas and Chow Chows; are sick; are in heat; are aggressive, vicious, dangerous, or potentially dangerous; require muzzling; or are easily frightened or sensitive, resulting in disruptive behavior (such as fighting or biting) in response to a stimulus.
- Supervision. I agree to keep my dog on a leash or in a carrier while in all public areas of the campground. I further agree to always have my dog with me or a designated individual and understand that I may not leave the dog unattended in the Cabin / dome or at the campsite, unless in a pet carrier. I agree to prevent noise or any other disturbance by my dog, in the interest of other guests at the campground.
- Vaccinations. I represent and warrant that my dog is up to date on all vaccinations (including rabies and distemper) and flea treatments.
- Disturbances. I agree that, should my dog create any disturbances, which cause complaints to be made to the management by other guests or employees of the campground, at the request of a campground employee, I will immediately make arrangements to house my dog elsewhere outside the campground. Additionally, I understand and agree that if I do not find alternative housing for my pet after being asked to do so, I will be asked to leave the campground and will not be issued a refund.
- Assumption of Risk and Release. I understand that my permission to have my dog at the campground with me is a privilege and not a contractual right. Such permission is expressly conditional upon my adherence to the terms of these rules and other rules in effect at any given time. I understand that the campground may revoke such permission at any time for any reason. Additionally, I hereby assume all responsibility for risk, injury, damage, or other harm that may occur while my dog is at the campground or caused by my dog. Further, I hereby knowingly and voluntarily expressly release and discharge the campground, its owner, its agents, its parent companies, members, managers, directors, officers and employees (“Released Parties”) from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, injuries, demands, or causes of action, both present and future, whether known, unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, that me or my guests or invitees may have against any of the Released Parties arising out of or incident to my dog’s presence in the campground, whether arising from any act or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, of me, my dog and/or any guest or invitee. I further agree to indemnify each of the Released Parties for all such claims, damages, liabilities, injuries, demands, or causes of action, including costs, expenses, and attorney’s fees arising as a result of or related to the presence of the dog at the campground. This provision shall be fully enforceable by law.
- Acknowledgment. By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing Assumption of Risk & Release and fully understand its provisions and implications. My execution of this Release is entirely voluntary and intended to be binding on my heirs, executors, legal representatives, and assigns.
I have read this Animal Waiver and understand it is my responsibility to abide by the Rules. I further understand that only registered campers are allowed to have pets, not my guests or invitees. It is my responsibility to ensure that my guests and invitees also comply with the Rules. Failure to adhere to the policies and rules set forth herein may result in my removal from the Campground without a refund.
Golf Cart Rental Agreement:
I hereby agree to the following regulations and conditions relating to a golf cart rental while camping at SRI Three, LLC, d/b/a Broad River Campground (“campground”).
- I acknowledge receipt of the golf cart which was examined by me and found to be in first- class condition upon receipt (except otherwise noted). I further acknowledge that the equipment is leased by the campground to me for the use and purpose for which it was manufactured subject, however, to the terms and conditions set forth in this golf cart rental agreement.
- I agree to obey all state, federal, and local regulations, laws, ordinances and lawful directives from all appropriate emergency or law enforcement personnel, while operating or renting golf carts or equipment from the campground. I am solely responsible for any citation or violation occurring during the use of, or as a result of using the golf cart or other equipment from the campground.
- I represent that I am familiar with how to safely operate a golf cart.
- Golf carts are available for pickup at check-in time. I shall return the equipment to the place of initial rental no later than the date and time specified above (I SHALL CONTACT THE CAMPGROUND IF AN EXTENSION OF TIME IS DESIRED) or upon the campground’s demand. The equipment shall be returned in the same condition as when received.
- I shall pay to the campground, upon demand, rental for the equipment at the rate agreed upon until the golf cart is returned to the campground. Daily rates will apply unless other arrangements are made with the campground in advance. Daily rates will apply if the equipment is kept after the scheduled return date and the campground will construe the retention of the golf cart beyond the scheduled return date as additional rental under the same terms and conditions as originally contained in this agreement. All days, including weekends and holidays, are chargeable.
- In addition, a $200 hold will be charged on the credit card on file as a security deposit, and I authorize the campground to charge the credit card for any damage for which I am responsible under the terms of this agreement.
- I shall reimburse the campground, upon demand, for the loss of, or any damage to the equipment while it is rented to me and for all costs and expenses, including loss of use, reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred by the campground in collecting and amount owing by me hereunder or in otherwise enforcing the campground’s rights hereunder. The below are the typical amounts I can expect to incur for various damage to the golf cart. Charges may vary from these amounts:
- Leaning to Left or Right…………$125
- Cuts to Bench Seat……………….$150
- Steering Repairs………………….$250
- Mid or Rear Body Repairs……….$300
- Lost Key……………………$ 30
- Cuts to Seat Back…………..$100
- Front Body Repairs…………$220
- Roof damage……….$600
- Use and control of a golf cart, by its very nature, carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. The specific risks vary from one activity to another, from one location to another, from one individual to another, but the risks of driving, riding, or using a golf cart range from minor injuries to major and catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death. I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to assess the hazards presented by the use of the golf cart and further agree that I am the ultimate judge as to whether I can use the golf cart without harm to myself and others.
- To the extent permitted by law, I hereby indemnify, release, and agree to protect and hold harmless the campground and, its officers, owners, employees, and agents (“Campground Parties”) from and against all claims, causes of action, and/or liability arising out of or related to me or my guests’ use of the golf cart or other equipment described above, and/or any condition therein, without limit and without regard to the cause or causes thereof or the gross negligence of Campground Parties.
- I shall abide by all rules and regulations of the campground governing the use of the equipment. (ONLY HOLDERS OF A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE, 16 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER, MAY OPERATE THE GOLF CART.)
- If any provision of this agreement is held illegal, or unenforceable in a judicial proceeding, such provision shall be severed and shall be inoperative, and the remainder of this agreement shall remain operative and binding on the parties.
- I shall not assign this agreement or sublease the equipment.
- I have read this waiver of liability, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement, fully understand its terms, and understand that I am giving up substantial rights, including the right to sue the campground, its members, officers, employees, and agents. I also understand that, in addition to binding myself, this agreement binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives, attorneys-of-law, attorneys- in-fact, administrators, and assigns. I acknowledge that I am signing this agreement freely and voluntarily and intend by my signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law. I hereby assert that use of the golf cart is voluntary and that I knowingly assume all such risks incident to using the golf cart.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between I and the campground, and no term may be waived or modified except in writing signed by both parties. There are no warranties, express or implied, by the campground to me, except as contained herein, and the campground is not liable for any loss or injury to me nor to anyone else, of any kind or however caused. This agreement is one of bailment only and I am not the campground’s agent while using the golf cart or other equipment described above.
Golf Cart Rules:
- The guest must be a minimum of 18 years old to rent the golf cart.
- Operator(s) of golf cart must be 16 years of age and have in their possession a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. (Moped license, learner’s permit, etc. are not acceptable.) A guest under the age of 16 found driving will result in the immediate loss of the golf cart and no refund will be given.
- Golf carts operated after sunset must have lights on.
- No more than 4 persons may occupy the golf cart at any time.
- Familiarize yourself with and observe all traffic rules and abide by them when using the golf cart in the campground: Use hand signals when turning or stopping.
- Park the golf cart on a level and steady ground.
- Take the key out of the cart when not in use.
- Note that the golf cart has forward, reverse, and neutral gears. When in reverse, you should hear a backing horn (buzzing sound). Please contact the property manager with any questions about the operation of the golf cart.
- Golf carts must be operated properly. Speed limit is 10 mph. Horseplay, racing, reckless driving, or other misuse of cart will not be tolerated. Carts are to be operated on campground roadways only. No driving through campsites or other restricted areas.
- Golf carts must always remain in the campground.
- Golf carts must be returned at the designated time (11AM). Late returned carts will be charged $10.00 for each half hour late.
- All passengers must be seated when the cart is in motion.
- Please report any malfunctions to campground management immediately.
- Anyone found in violation of these rules will forfeit all rental privileges. There will be no refunds made if the golf cart must be returned because of misuse. Your security deposit will also be forfeited to the extent of any damage to the golf cart.
**Per North Carolina State law, open containers of alcohol are not permitted on vehicles (golf carts included). Drinking alcohol while driving or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited.**
In light of the global pandemic associated with COVID-19, everyone shares the obligation to observe certain requirements and guidelines to help keep themselves and others safe within your shared community. In particular, I represent that I have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the last week, and I have not been in direct personal contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last week either. If I do test positive for COVID-19 or come into contact with someone who has, or if my temperature exceeds 100 degrees Fahrenheit and I experience other COVID-19-related symptoms, I agree that I will not seek to enter the campground until I am no longer symptomatic for three straight days. I agree to observe the safety requirements within the campground spaces — including wearing a personal mask when required, and observing required routes of circulation, occupancy limitations, social distancing, and sanitization requirements.
**Management reserves the right to refuse or cancel services. We reserve the right to refuse service based on the condition of the RV. The campground is NOT responsible for injury or damage due to wind, water, fire or the negligence of you or others. Some of these rules were made by our insurance carrier, some by the state of North Carolina and some by us. They were made for your safety, and to ensure the enjoyment of your camping experience. Please obey them. They will be enforced. Anyone exhibiting behavior that does not promote good family values (e.g., excessive drinking, swearing, fighting, or any illegal activity) will be removed from the campground immediately. Violence or the threat of violence will not be tolerated. No display, discharge or possession of a gun, knife or other weapon in any way that may alarm others is allowed. **
Thank you for choosing Broad River Campground for your vacation destination.